Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Application Process

So I heard about the Disney College Program while looking at gap year options for a friend. My mother found the DCP and showed me it. My heart was set on it and I wanted to be in it. I took my time learning about it and heard that an Alumni would be presenting at my school so I went. Her name is Bree and she is a former Character Attendant. I knew that I wanted to go to Disney more then ever.

I have been living at home because I can't afford to pay to live at college. I am getting sick of my parents and in the winter we are all at eachothers necks. I think I would benifit greatly from the DCP because THERE IS NO SNOW! And I'LL BE BUSY AND NOT BORED! Also college doesnt seem to be for me... The kids are too rich and pompous to talk to me and very close minded.

Well I filled out the application using safari instead of internet explorer. BAD IDEA. I kept getting a glitch telling me "You did not fill out all the answers" Even though I had. Then came the worst part "Were sorry..." I had FAILED.

I called up the recruiting offices and explained my problem. They where SO SO SO NICE! They listened and reset my application process because I didn't have access to IE. I went to school and took it again and it said I was a "Strong Candidate"! I almost screamed in the computer lab!

The next thing I knew I was home making an appointment for a phone interview. The closest they had was the next week at 11pm. I took it.

The interview went well, I wanted to be a Fairy Godmother in Training but Custodial sounds nice too, or Quick food service. They all sounded fun and I will do anything for a chance to work there and I will do my best at whatever job I get!

Now is the waiting game! I am eagerly checking my mail and email everyday and I am in a blissful state of accomplishment, proud that I even made it this far.

No comments:

Post a Comment