Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Health Insurance

Well I have my loans set. But now my full coverage health insurance may drop me because I won't be a "Full Time Student" for a semester, even though I'm coming back and taking all the classes full time and maybe even full time summer.

So if I get hurt at Disney that means life long injury uninsured, many payments for life on doctor bills. Can anyone help me?

I can't back down now. I told Disney I would be there but I need so many medicines for allergies that I cannot afford without insurance. And say I get a chemical burn from custodial work, I wont be able to afford treatment.

I don't know what to do. I need guidance and prayers.

3 comments:

  1. Hey, so I just came across your blog and I may have a little info that might make you feel better. I worked at Disney in a few roles and one of them was as a Custodial CP. So, if you get hurt at work, it won't matter about your own insurance because Disney will have to pay worker's comp. You are not financially responsible for any injuries that occur at work as a result of doing your job. That said: I worked as a custodial and I didn't get hurt, nor did I know anyone else who did (maybe someone needed a band-aid or something, but that's it).

    As for your own health insurance, can you do COBRA? It's expensive, but it might allow you to keep your current health insurance until you are back home. Also, have you spoken with the company? If you are taking full time classes with Disney (and your school gives you credit), you probably can submit the classes to them to prove that you are still a student.

    You'll be fine. :) It's a wonderful experience to have!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! I can do COBRA! We just found out about it this week! Now I'm all excited but they are thinking of making me take online classes, which I'd rather not do...
    thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. For being a 'tea party conservative' you sure take alot of help........................

    ReplyDelete